MVA is the Midlothian Council for Voluntary Service (CVS) and is an independent voluntary organisation. MVA is a partner in the Midlothian Third Sector Interface, and part of the national network, Voluntary Action Scotland.
“Midlothian Voluntary Action (MVA) exists to support and develop community and Third Sector organisations in Midlothian and facilitate the effective representation of the sector in powerful partnership working.”
It does this by:
- Providing services to assist and develop new and existing community and Third Sector organisations;
- Providing information and resources to community and Third Sector organisations;
- Working with the Community Planning process to increase the involvement and influence of community and Third Sector organisations in service planning and delivery;
- Gathering and distributing information on the Community/Third Sector;
- Promoting the services of the Community/Third Sector in Midlothian.
- Run the Woodburn Day Care Club;
- Host the Midlothian Community Care Forum Development Worker;
- Host the Social Enterprise Alliance Midlothian (SEAM) Development Worker(s).
Midlothian Voluntary Action is registered in Scotland at 4/6 White Hart Street, Dalkeith, EH22 1AE, as a Company Limited by Guarantee (no. SC219994) and as a Charity (no. SC008286)